Slug and snails

I don’t like slugs and snails. They eat my plants, especially fresh young shoots of beans, squash, peppers, cauliflowers and others.

The man at the seeds store suggested sprinkling these tiny pink bits around the planter. They are Metaldehyde 聚乙醛, a pesticide for slugs and snails. Judging from the instructions on the back of the pack, it is pretty poisonous. I found 12 dead snails and slugs the next morning, and another 12 the following day.

While it is great that my plants are protected, I do feel unease using a pesticide that might pollute the land and water.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *